Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thing 13 Library Thing

Here's what I've been waiting for---It's been my Snickers bar at the end of all these other things. I'm not a good example of a Library Thing user. I created an account, oh I don't know, seemingly years ago. I can't even access it anymore. I now have a new one. I like the idea of Library Thing. This is one "free" 2.0 thing that knows how to become commercial. We will soon have tags and reviews through AquaBrowser's MyDiscoveries that come from Library Thing. I wonder whose tags and reviews they are using and if the originators knew that their reviews may someday be in library catalogs. Well I guess if you put this stuff up on the internet, you have no basis for copyright.

I like the cataloging aspect of Library Thing as compared to Shelfari (where I do maintain an account). I put my Shelfari shelf on the bottom of this blog. Library Thing certainly has a faster and easier interface than Shelfari. and now so many widgets, tshirts, and cool stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment