Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thing 18 Facebook and MySpace

I've got to admit I'm doing this one kicking and screaming. As my friends will tell you I can't even use a phone or write an email, so the expectation that I would randomly write stuff on Facebook or Myspace is pretty funny.

I've helped create the Myspace page for our Adult Services Department (which hasn't been updated in about two years). So I thought I'd learn more by creating a Facebook page. The first thing I saw were the potential "friends" I could have and yes, there were 3 people from my high school I haven't seen in almost 40 years. wow...didn't excite me enough to "friend" them but still. But I did ask several outofstate friends to be my friend again. I heard from one immediately who told me to get a picture on it. So I put a picture of myself on it--relunctantly. I also joined a group--Library 2.0 Interest Group, maybe it will give me professional food for thought.

Now let's see who responds and if I find I'm using it 3 months from now. Library application?? just don't see it

No comments:

Post a Comment