Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thing 14 Online Productivity Tools

I've used My.Yahoo as my homepage for years. It's familiar and comfortable to me. I created an iGoogle homepage months ago but other than the cool banner you can put on it--it just doesn't feel like home. I just experimented with Pageflakes. Some of their widgets do seem to work better than iGoogle (which is spotty at best). But I think I'll stick with My.Yahoo homepage. Now to their functionality. I love my homepage. I have my todo tasks at the top with my email, weather, nytimes, cnn and all the funky pop culture links I want. I go to it several times a day so I guess you could say it's a very useful productivity tool!

We used a countdown tool on our ebranch blog to countdown to our new webpage (it's still there). I use Microsoft Outlook and have for years. I have tried other calendars over the years including google's new one but it seems like such a waste of time to transfer and start a new one. I do think an online calendar is one of best online productivity tools. I've tried online todo lists before. Don't get me wrong I'm an avid todo list maker--I just love making that checkmark to cross off something. Yes, I'm one of those that actually starts a todo list with something I'm probably almost finished with. The best online tool I use is a word document--I know that seems very 1.0 but I'm sticking to it. I did set up an account on Remember the Milk and put tomorrow's tasks in--let's see if I actually use it.

I used the pdf converter which I think would be very useful. Oh, and it works!!!




This may be one of the most helpful things so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment