Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thing 19 Other Social Networks

Just how many does one person need?? I've used Web Junction for its training webinars--never really considered it a social network. Guess I ignored that part of it. Still don't know if I'd return to it for that aspect. Ning: i signed up but just don't think it's for me. I see that it might be a good one for certain professional networking. Gather: I may be overdosing on signup fatigue but again how much of this stuff do you need? If your sphere of friends is narrow, the chances you can participate in new, rigorous discussion seems to be limited. Looked at the cooking ones and the film ones, both of which I'm interested in. I like Epicurious which is not just a great place to find recipes but is a social network for recipes because readers can add their rating, reviews, and alterations to the recipes--great idea. I'll stick with IMDB for film trivia and some chat. I played around with Yelp. I could play around all day on stuff like this. I do think there's a place for Yelp as a resource for patrons. I'll even go back to it myself for restaurant reviews. I'm sure one could spend days just on this one thing so looking at the endless arry of social networking systems: 50 minutes Application to libraries--it's a big side world out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment